Survival Checkpoint can help you stay safe when disaster strikes. Survival Checkpoint: The ultimate guide to…
Best Extreme Cold Weather Tents
The best extreme cold weather tents available are an absolute must have for mountain climbers and arctic expeditioners because exposure at these extreme weather conditions can cause disorientation, a loss of consciousness, and eventually death all in a matter of minutes.
When lives are truly on the line, you don’t want to mess around with anything less than the best – you simply can’t afford to. So, after much research and review let us present to you the best extreme cold weather tents you can buy
Our #1 Recommendation for Best Extreme Cold Weather Tents:
#1 – ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2-Person Tent
The ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2-Person Tent wins our Top spot and #1 recommendation for best extreme cold weather tents because of the sheer number of positive reviews it has received and the actual words of the people who put this essential survival gear to real world challenges.
Each ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2-Person Tent features the following:
- There’s no assembly frustration with our Extreme Tent series; this free-standing, three-pole aluminum design is ideal for setup
- Polyester tent fly resists water and UV damage while adding two vestibules for extra storage space
- Increase ventilation with multiple fly vents and zippered mesh windows, on two easy entry doors
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers, mesh storage pockets, gear loft, aluminum stakes and guy ropes
- Base Size: 5’2 x 7’8, Center Height: 42″, Total Weight: 7 lbs. 4 oz., Minimum Weight: 6 lbs. 7 oz., Color: Clay/Rust
The ease of use and portability plus the affordable value of this tent puts it firmly at the top of our list and the lists of hundreds of verified purchasers. The ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2-Person Tent is available and priced lowest on Amazon.com.
#2 – ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Tent
Sound familiar? Yes, the ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Tent comes in at #2 on our list of best extreme weather tents mostly for the same reasons as it’s larger counterpart above. The biggest difference is of course the size of this tent which snugly accommodates one person. Basically, these guys are great at making tents.
Here are some additional, but very similar features of the ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Tent:
- There’s no assembly frustration with our Lynx tent Series; This free-standing, aluminum two-pole design is a breeze to setup
- Polyester tent fly resists water and UV damage while adding one vestibule for extra storage space
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers, storage pockets, gear loft, stakes, guy ropes and one doorway
- The Alps Mountaineering Lynx tent is on our best sellers list; it’s a must-have for your next adventure
- Base size: 2’8 x 7’6, center height: 36″, total weight: 4 lbs. 1 oz. , minimum Weight: 3 lbs. 5 oz. , Color: Clay/Rust
The is available at many online and storefront sporting goods and outdoors supply shops, but like most items on Earth you can find it cheaper on Amazon.com by clicking here.
Best Extreme Cold Weather Tents Conclusion:
When shopping for the best extreme weather survival tent, don’t skimp on price or quality. For our money, the ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2-Person Tent is the best choice based on value, durability and overall effectiveness.
<<Return to the SurvivalCheckpoint.com home page>>